District Manager APPLY NOW
Is this you?
Are you a driven sales leader with a passion for developing and motivating retail sales teams to deliver sales, brand consistency, and customer service excellence?
What we offer….
We invest in your professional growth as the leader of our dynamic retail team, and offer you a competitive salary with bonus, annual clothing and vehicle allowances, subsidized group benefit package and generous product discount.
Who we are…
Danier’s strength is the enthusiasm, energy and professionalism of our people. At Danier, every employee is considered a valuable asset to be respected and nurtured, both as an empowered individual and as a team member. Our relationship is built on trust, mutual respect and the sharing of ideas, resources and talent.
Danier is a recognized Canadian specialty apparel retailer offering our customers high-quality, fashionable leather, wool, fashion co-ordinates and accessories at exceptional value. Our merchandise is marketed exclusively under the well-known Danier brand name and is currently available only at our shopping mall locations across Canada and at www.danier.com.
Where your focus will be….
- Reinforce and model a proactive team-based selling culture relentlessly focusing on clienteling, long-term customer relationships and product knowledge.
- Foster a retail environment where selling and customer service are top priorities through training, coaching, role-modelling and personal customer interaction.
- Develop store teams to deliver outstanding, consistent customer experiences to satisfy the customers’ need to feel good about themselves.
- Act as brand ambassador in promoting Daner’s fashion brand and values at store level and in the marketplace.
- Communicate Company vision, strategy and tactics to Store management teams to achieve or exceed Company sales goals and customer experience standards.
What you’ll do specifically…
Supervise and manage national retail sales and store operations for 15- 20 store locations through recruitment, development and supervision of store managers and retail sales teams to meet sales, profitability and customer satisfaction targets.
Visit stores on a regular basis to assess staffing and operations and identify opportunities to improve store performance by making changes to merchandising, personnel, floor layout, etc. while ensuring brand consistency and compliance with Company policies, standards and processes.
Train and coach Store Managers on sales, staffing and operational issues to acknowledge strengths, maintain morale and identify areas of development; identify, communicate and reinforce key responsibilities and practices to Store Managers to ensure efficient and effective operations.
4. Promote product knowledge to ensure employees are perceived as outerwear product experts both internally and to customers through sales floor modelling, role plays, contests, sharing best practices and other training methods to communicate and reinforce product knowledge.
5. Ensure consistent application of performance management practices to maintain high staff productivity and morale including weekly individual sales coaching, progressive corrective discipline activities and individual development plans to maintain and improve personal sales productivity and customer service levels; recommends termination of under-performing staff and reorganization of store teams to maximize sales productivity and customer satisfaction.
6. Review store environment and analyze key business metrics to identify successes, problems, concerns and opportunities for improvement to drive top line sales in each store location and market; initiate regular daily store communications to motivate, inspire, focus and direct daily activities of store teams.
7. Create or oversee development of weekly, monthly and quarterly action plans and innovative strategies to achieve and exceed sales and operational goals.
8. Monitor and measure financial, operational, human resources and customer service results, and hold teams accountable for achieving goals through weekly conference calls, ongoing store visits, performance feedback, meetings and training activities.
Implement and monitor appropriate retail controls and standards regarding payroll hours, management coverage, cash handling, inventory, fixtures, mannequins, equipment and property to safeguard company assets and manage expenses; purchase mannequin supplies and accessories to support in-store visual merchandising as required.
Ensure staff training on and implementation of loss prevention measures to reduce theft and shrinkage through sound operational execution.
Resolve escalated customer service and retail staff issues and update senior management as required.
Ensure maintenance of consistent store standards (i.e., visual displays, cleanliness, appropriate inventory levels, health and safety etc.) across the chain in accordance with Company operating policies and procedures.
Promote high-performing team environment that encourages participation, creativity and continuous learning by sharing best practices and building on the ideas of others.
Work closely with Support Centre product development staff, warehouse, e-commerce and senior management team to execute sales and merchandising plans, and provide feedback and recommendations based on competitive activity, market conditions etc.
15. Stay current with market competition, industry, fashion trends and customer shopping behaviours and understand and communicate how Danier products fit into current outerwear and fashion trends.
Solicit regular input from retail managers and communicate to senior management for consideration in developing merchandise promotions, assortment mix, inventory levels, visual merchandising displays etc.
Contribute to development of top-level sales targets by store, store budgets and financial forecasts to meet targeted Company profitability levels.
18. Work with leasing and store construction contacts to launch new store openings including fixture purchasing, merchandising, staff recruitment and training, etc.; oversee store closures including staff notification, inventory and fixture reallocation, and site closure in accordance with lease terms.
19. Ensure store compliance with provincial and federal legislation and health and safety standards, and perform other related duties and assignments as required.
What you’ll bring to the team…
5-7 years’ progressive management experience in a multi-unit retail business environment, preferably in fashion apparel or luxury retail, with a knowledge of diverse Canadian markets and geographical regions
Strong interpersonal skills with high level of emotional and social intelligence and ability to deal with and influence general public and all levels of staff in a multi-cultural environment
Growth mindset with openness to accept and integrate constructive feedback
Exceptional leadership. coaching, team building, performance management and conflict resolution abilities with strong customer service orientation and skillset
Well developed business acumen and organizational, time management, decision making and pragmatic problem-solving skills
Positive can-do attitude and solution-oriented focus
Self-motivated with a relentless drive for sales results and solid track record of meeting and exceeding sales and profit targets
Proven ability to meet current and future business goals through continuous talent identification and development of store management teams
Ability to build and leverage relationships with peers, corporate partners and the business community to influence and positively impact business decisions and results
Flexible work style with ability to adapt quickly to ambiguity, set priorities, allocate time and resources and take action to execute multiple tasks in a dynamic work environment
Confident and approachable personal presence with excellent English professional verbal, written and presentation communication skills
Proficient computer skills including email, Word and Excel programs, with strong mathematical skills to analyze sales and budget data
Strong work ethic and ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including weekends and evenings as required
Must have valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle with ability to commute to Vaughan Store Support office
Availability to travel nationally (overnight stays required) with estimated time allocation of 75% in stores/25% in office.