SOURCING MANAGER APPLY NOW
Is this you?
Are you fluently bilingual in English and Mandarin with an eye for detail and hands-on experience in fashion import and sourcing operations?
If your answer is Yes, then we are looking for you to work alongside our Sourcing Director!
What we offer….
We offer you competitive compensation, a generous wardrobe discount, a subsidized group benefit plan, paid sick days and a great opportunity for growth and development as a key member of our small, dynamic team!
What you will do…
Reporting to and working closely with the Sourcing Director, you will assist in the following activities:
- Research and source all products, including garments, accessories, gift boxes, hangers, shopping bags, store fixtures and the like through overseas vendors and provide costing and terms for management review.
- Negotiate with overseas vendors in Europe and Asia on production order quantities and costs, quality issues, etc.; calculate detailed landed cost including per unit product costs, freight, taxes, import/export duties, insurance, currency exchange, etc.; recommend selling price based on landed cost for management review.
- Confirm approved order placement and terms, issue purchase orders, schedule to open letters of credit for each purchase order, organize all shipping and customs arrangements through broker for product shipment to Canadian Distribution Centre, and confirm details with internal staff.
- Develop and communicate standards for quality, workmanship, labelling, inspection, compliance etc. to vendors.
- Follow up daily with vendors to oversee offshore production, and solve related problems to ensure shipments are on time and budget; inspect incoming shipments for quality and conformance to standards and communicate with vendors to resolve claims and quality issues.
- Maintain and update manufacturing vendor and order database for overseas manufacturing: inputs and updates accurate details of import purchases and style information in Microsoft NAV DYNAMICS system; create styles, maintain item description, material types, item category, season code, group code, ticketing, landed cost, colours, sizes and the like.
- Audit and monitor produce receipts, quality reports, and related payments and approve discrepancy notices.
- Prepares reports on import purchase order summary, order status, risk analysis, vendor performance, and delivery performance as required.
- Request style samples from overseas vendors for Merchandising review and consideration in assortment development.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing samples and materials, and follow up with vendors to ensure on time delivery of all approval samples for presentations and photo shoots.
- Research new product categories, including competitor offerings, features, materials etc. and locate and qualify prospective vendors for overseas production based on targeted quantities and price point; collaborate with product development staff to develop new articles, and ensure achievement of product quality standards.
- Gather market intelligence from new and existing vendors regarding market environment, business opportunities, product development, and opportunities to broaden supplier base.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
What you bring to the team…
- Equivalent of a Bachelor degree or professional certification in business, logistics or a related discipline
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant and progressive import and overseas sourcing experience including customs regulations, purchase orders and vendor negotiations; previous experience in apparel and small leather goods an asset
- Current working knowledge of overseas sourcing requirements and practices in China, India/Pakistan and Europe
- Fluent oral and written English and Mandarin communication skills essential
- Valid Canadian passport with availability to travel to China periodically required
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Quick learner with advanced analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to apply sound judgment in resolving conflicts and escalating to senior management when necessary
- Ability to build and manage effective relationships with vendors and various stakeholders and good interpersonal skills as a team player to collaborate with internal staff
- Strong client service orientation
- High degree of business ethics and accountability with demonstrated discretion, confidentiality and integrity in safeguarding sensitive information
- Well-developed work organization and time management skills with strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently or as a team player
- Strong sense of ownership, and tenacity to overcome challenges to deliver on commitments
- Ability to prioritize tasks, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and to adapt quickly to changing priorities while working under pressure and within time constraints to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones to meet work obligations
- Hard working, positive, can-do attitude with ability to accept and learn from feedback
- Excellent attendance and punctuality with a strong work ethic, conscientiousness, and reliability
- Ability to follow directions and comply with work instructions and health and safety standards to maintain a safe work environment.
|||7700 Keele Street, Unit 4, Vaughan ON|||||||||_AAcYWX4cQxr8Uiq|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||