Warehouse Supervisor APPLY NOW
Is this you?
Are you a hardworking, customer-focused distribution professional willing to roll up your sleeves as part of a growing warehouse management team with an entrepreneurial Canadian apparel retailer?
Are you equally skilled in managing logistics and employees for maximum productivity?
If you answered YES, we want to talk with you!
What we offer….
We offer you competitive compensation, a subsidized group benefit plan, paid sick days, a generous wardrobe discount, and a great opportunity for growth and development as part of our dynamic warehouse team in a quiet and clean warehouse environment!
What you’ll do…
- Oversee inbound shipment receiving, handling, distribution, and storage of all hanging goods and boxed merchandise and supplies to maximize efficiency and effective space utilization
- Supervise warehouse team of full-time and seasonal associates, including training, scheduling delegation, motivation, performance evaluation and disciplinary action recommendations
- Ensure all orders are picked, documented and shipped to stores on time according to cross-Canada delivery schedules
- Assist with receiving, tagging, scanning, picking and packing shipments as required
- Communicate all delays or variances in inbound/outbound freight to appropriate parties
- Maintain strict control over inventory levels and initiate replenishment to meet internal and external product demand
- Conduct periodic spot checks of inventory levels and supplies
- Identify and resolve discrepancies between in-house and store inventory records
- Investigate causes of lost or damaged shipments and other matters and make adjustments where necessary with proper documentation
- Enforce workplace security, health and safety practices and ensure work environment and work performance complies with Company and legislative standards
- Recommend improvements in warehouse organization, processes and controls
- Assist to plan warehouse layout and space requirements to prevent loss or damage, and to achieve full warehouse optimization
- Perform other related assignments and duties as required.
What you’ll bring to the team….
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in a warehouse lead hand or supervisory role
- Excellent oral and written English communication and interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of the organization, including warehouse, store and senior leadership teams essential
- Working knowledge of all aspects of warehousing and shipping operations
- Current knowledge of WHMIS and Ontario Occupational Health and Safety legislation
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Lead by example with demonstrated team leadership and teambuilding abilities to persuade, influence, motivate and promote positive morale
- Strong team player receptive to constructive feedback with ability to co-operate, collaborate and compromise
- Well-developed conflict resolution skills with demonstrated diplomacy and tact
- Ability to lift weights up to 25 kg and to stand, walk and climb ladders continuously in warehouse environment
- Ability to interpret, act upon and follow through on complex instructions with attention to detail, accuracy and deadlines
- Logical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organization, planning and resource allocation skills
- Good change and project management abilities
- Hardworking and high energy with positive, upbeat “can do” attitude and customer-first mindset
- Strong work ethic with high level of personal honesty, integrity and discretion
Please note that Danier is a smoke-free environment.|||7700 Keele Street, Unit 4, Vaughan ON|||||||||A5gF_ow0_9x-1F9I|||FULL_TIME|||USD|||HOUR|||single||||||||||||false|||