Co-Manager APPLY NOW
Is this you?
Do you have a flair for fashion, sales and people leadership?
Are you eager to make retail management your career?
If you answered YES, we want to talk with you!
What we offer….
We invest in your professional growth as a member of our dynamic team of leaders, and offer you a competitive salary with sales incentives, including personal commission and bonus, professional sales training and generous product discounts.
Who we are…
Danier’s strength is the enthusiasm, energy and professionalism of our people. At Danier, every employee is considered a valuable asset to be respected and nurtured, both as an empowered individual and as a team member. Our relationship is built on trust, mutual respect and the sharing of ideas, resources and talent.
Danier is a recognized Canadian specialty apparel retailer offering our customers high-quality, fashionable leather, wool, fashion co-ordinates and accessories at exceptional value. Our merchandise is marketed exclusively under the well-known Danier brand name and is currently available only at our shopping mall locations across Canada and at www.danier.com.
What you’ll do...
- Support and partner with Store Manager to ensure smooth execution of daily store activities and achievement of sales goals and metrics; perform assigned management tasks and sales coaching duties in Store Manager’s absence
- Conduct daily gear-up and assigned team meetings to update staff on performance expectations, best practices, sales goals, product knowledge, inventory and promotion activity, etc.
- Model Danier’s professional sales and customer service standards and coach sales floor staff including reinforcing daily and weekly sales goals, monitoring sales team productivity and performance metrics and identifying areas for new training or skill checks
- Assist in recruiting and developing sales staff to develop skills in identifying, growing and motivating high-performing sales talent and in team building
- Build customer relationships through engaging customer service that makes the customer feel cared for and confident about their purchases
- Create and maintain visually appealing merchandising and window displays following brand standards and directives either personally or by delegating tasks to appropriate staff
- Oversee store operation and resolve issues regarding daily store staff scheduling, merchandise, loss prevention and maintenance of standards to ensure a safe and enjoyable shopping and working environment during assigned shifts
- Open and close the store and safeguard and secure premises and assets; count floats and report discrepancies; ensure completion of daily checklists and delegated tasks by assigned deadlines; perform bag checks and other loss prevention measures
- Document and escalate customer and employee issues requiring management intervention
- Participate in weekly management calls in Manager’s absence and report on key productivity and performance metrics, competitive activity, market conditions, etc. to share best practices and promote brand consistency
- Act as Danier Ambassador in demonstrating and promoting Company mission, vision and values in daily conduct and decision-making
What you’ll bring to the team….
- Fashion retail experience as a key holder with a proven sales track record and team leadership exposure
- Successful completion and ongoing demonstration of Danier professional CODE sales and customer service training concepts and approaches
- Meet or exceed KPI targets
- Open availability with a minimum of 4 shifts weekly including evenings, weekends and public holidays as required
- Positive, optimistic, results-oriented attitude with a customer-first mindset
- Fashionable, well-groomed professional presentation
- Computer literacy and proficiency with email, Excel/Word, POS, staff scheduling applications, etc.
- Excellent English communication, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Well-developed professional sales, customer service and rapport building skills
- Hands-on leadership style with strong people development and management skills
- Knowledge and demonstration of Company mission, vision and values in daily conduct and decision making
- Strong time management, organization and follow through skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities and mature, professional judgment and conduct with a strong work ethic and personal integrity.